Save Our Oceans & Save Your Selfies
POPSICASE is 100% upcycled from abandoned fishing nets and scrap aluminum, reducing sea and land waste.
Popsicase lets you feel the Mediterranean in your hands
Approximately 640,000 tons (1.28 billion pounds) of fishing gear left in the ocean each year kill an average of 1000 whales, seals, turtles and birds every day.
- Source: World animal Protection
- Photo: Francis Pérez, World Press Photo Award 2017
Fortunately, many fishermen from different Mediterranean ports, who are sensitive to this problem, take care of their nets and leave them in containers to be recycled.
- Photo: A fisherman in Vilanova i la Geltrú port (Barcelona) is throwing away the fishing nets that are not useul for him any more.
The networks are sorted, washed, chopped, and fused in a very laborious process of transformation. The result is a 100% recycled plastic pellet that POPSICASE uses to build a handy and eco-friendly case that perfectly fits your smartphone.
- Photo: The nylon 6 fishing nets, the pellet after the treatment, and our POPSICASE.
And this beautiful collaborative effort should be an example to individuals and businesses, inspiring them to safeguard and protect the health and future of our oceans for generations to come.
- Photo: The amazing “Recyclers Team” and the fishing nets bales behind